Saturday, July 31, 2010

But There Must Be a Way to Use These...There MUST!

While looking for some glue and wooden beads in my boxes I came across these vintage buttons.  Aren't they beauties?


Here is a lovely salmon-colored button with open filigree work.

 
But these are the best.  They look like bakelite beads from the 20s, all warm and honey colored.   I especially like the round black one. Tres sophisticated, no?

 
I picked them up two years ago at the MakerFaire in San Mateo, the gigantic traveling fair that celebrates the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) movement.  These buttons were surplus or remnants from some factory and were being used in some awful free craft project.  I quietly picked these out and slipped them in my pocket, thinking, "You can't glue these to some cheap piece of metal.  They deserve better.  There must be a better way to use these.  There must!"  Problem is, I don't know what.

What would you do with these?

1 comment:

  1. I think you should either make vintage button rings out of them or decorative headbands. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete