Monday, October 25, 2010

Take a Little Off the Top And Keep the Sides Long


When I design a new doll for my shop I usually don't know what kind of hair style she's going to have.  When I began making my dolls a few years ago I gave almost all my fairies stylish updos.  I loved how sophisticated they looked with their hair gracefully coiled but now it depends on how I've positioned her hands or her body, how fancy her dress looks, or how playful.  Hands clasped together across her body makes her look shy so she gets a side ponytail.  A fairy who wears a playful, flippy skirt usually gets to wear her hair around her shoulders. 


I prepare the bundles of mercerized thread I use for their hair beforehand, so I need to keep their "hair" long until the last moment since different styles require different lengths of thread.  I thought I'd show my new doll pre-hair cut.

What kind of hairstyle do you think she should get?

2 comments:

  1. I actually like her hair now! I'm very partial to long hair! Windswept...she's like a carefree dancer!

    ReplyDelete