Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mango Cream Birthday Cake

I've just spent the last couple of hours doing the most tedious part of photography (organizing the pictures on my computer) when I was rewarded by this cheery picture of my birthday cake from March. 


It was two layers of white cake with a fluffy mango cream filling.  There was also some beautiful lattice work in dark and white chocolate which wrapped around the cake.  But what really makes this cake special was the shinning pyramid of fruit top-strawberries, kiwis, peaches and rising majestically in the back like the Sydney Opera House is a sliced Fuji apple.  Oh, and a grape. 


It was such an adorable cake that I forced everyone to get their picture taken while standing next to it though the cake was some kind of foreign dignitary.  They made a toast to my health and happiness and we ate the cake with a nice, dry champagne.

No comments:

Post a Comment