Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Admit it. You loved Riverdance...

The thunderous sound of a hundred feet striking the stage in perfect unison.  Pretty girls in short skirts, arms tight at their side, backs straight as a pin jumping straight into the air.  And Michael Flatley?  You followed him when he left to become "Lord of the Dance."  You even bought the video on PBS.   This little Irish Step Fairy is my homage to that international sensation known as Riverdance.


She wears a bright orange, long sleeved bodice with a skirt that begins in a buttery yellow-orange color and gradually fades into a more reddish hue.


I used imported glass beads as a pair of traditional Irish step dancer shoes.


But my favorite part of her colorful little frock is the ornate design I hand-stamped on her skirt.  Each petal panel displays a cross design inside a circle with an intricate flourish on top.

 
This tiny one will be soon sold in my Etsy store both on a wooden stand as you see her here and inside a hand-blown glass ornament.  I think Michael Flatley would be soooo proud.

4 comments:

  1. I love Riverdance and I'm proud to admit it! And your little Irish Step Fairy is just darling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at your dolls - they are so fascinatingly lifelike and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right...I loved Riverdance. And I recorded Lord of the Dance off of the PBS station.
    Your fairy is really cute. I love how you used beads as shoes.

    ReplyDelete